Riverbend City: Thinking, Feeling, and BelievingCase Studies FRANK
Select one of three provided casestudies and apply theories and concepts from social psychology, behavioralethics, and critical thinking to the case study. Focus on theoriesrelated to biases in our thinking, the development of our beliefs, and socialinfluence.
Thisweek, you will complete a media piece in which you apply theories and conceptsfrom social psychology related to biases in our thinking, the developmentof our beliefs, and social influence. You will also be required to applybehavioral ethics and critical thinking concepts.
Being asuccessful practitioner requires us to understand the importance of ethicalbehaviors. The behaviors we demonstrate will directly influence those weinteract with on a daily basis. In addition, the behaviors of others willinfluence us and our professional practices. Therefore we want to ensurethat we behave ethically and have a positive influence.
Completethe Riverbend City: Thinking, Feeling, and Believing Case Studies media pieceif you haven't already or if you would like to make changes to the choices youmade. Review the case study you want to focus on and the social psychologytheory, behavioral ethics concept, and critical thinking concept you want touse for the assignment.
If youdidn't finish your research last week, use the library to find a scholarlyjournal article related to the social psychology theory you chose. You arerequired to use two articles. The second article should be one of the following:
- Confirmation Bias: Rajsic, J., Wilson, D. E., & Pratt, J. (2015). . Journal of Experimental Psychology, 41(5), 13531364.
- Mere Exposure Effect: Montoya, R. M., Horton, R. S., Vevea, J. L., Citkowicz, M., & Lauber, E. A. (2017). . Psychological Bulletin, 143(5), 459498.
- Halo Effect: Bradley, S. W., Roberts, J. A., & Bradley, P. W. (2019). . Psychology of Popular Media, 8(1), 4151.
- Review the you will use to write your paper.
You may use the following resources to supplement the information youfind in your textbook and scholarly journal articles:
- Confirmation Bias: Cherry, K. (2020). . Very Well Mind. https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-a-confirmation-bias-2795024
- Halo Effect: Causey, K., & Goetz, A. (2009). . Psychology Today. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/natural-history-the-modern-mind/200907/the-halo-effect-in-overdrive
- Mere Exposure Effect: Jansen, G. (2010, October 1). https://www.gui.do/post/mere-exposure-effect
- Summarize the case study.
- Describe credible and scholarly sources relevant to a particular theory.
- Apply a social psychological theory to a chosen case study.
- Explain how social psychological research studies relate to a particular social psychological theory.
- Apply an ethical reasoning concept to a chosen case study.
- Apply a critical thinking concept to a chosen case study.
- Review the key points.
- Create a text in the third person, adhering to conventions of academic tone.
- Uses APA-style citations and book, journal references, website, magazine, and blog posts.
- Utilize various resources covered in the previous weeks including journals, books, websites, magazines, or blogs.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current guidelines.
- Length: 45 double-spaced pages of content, in addition to the title page and reference page.
- Resources: Minimum of two scholarly or professional resources.
- Template: Use the provided to complete the assignment.