Topic: Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
Choose a controversial topic in sexuality about which you would enjoy reading and learning. Consider examining a topic that is either personally or professionally of interest. BE CREATIVE IN YOUR CHOICE. Find and copy a minimum of 4 reliable, informative, in-depth, current articles. Using the information gathered from these articles and your textbook, write an interesting, well organized paper.
The paper will be divided into 5 sections: short introduction, detailed discussion supporting the issue, detailed discussion arguing against the issue; your opinion based upon your reading; and short conclusion. Include an international view in both the pro and the con section. Label each section. Use APA referencing style for reference citations in the text of the paper and for the reference list at the end of the paper. This is not to be written as a review of article 1, article 2, and article 3. Each section needs to include multiple sources. The information must be merged into an interesting, well organized, well written paper.
When submitting the paper, include the copies of all the articles cited in your paper or I will return it ungraded. When you decide on the topic, write your name and topic on the signup sheet. Only 2 students will be allowed to sign up for a topic. On the date the paper is due, it will also be presented online for mandatory student commentary as part of the grade for this project..
Suggested length of paper= 5-6 pages (Does NOT include Title/Cover sheet OR your Reference page).
LABEL the Sections of your paper: Introduction; Pro/ for view; Against/con view; Your opinion; Conclusion.
FORMAT YOUR ESSAY:
. Use APA Style throughout
. Use Word .doc or .docx; NOT PDF, thanks.
. Line Spacing: All text in your paper should be double-spaced.
. Margins: All page margins (top, bottom, left, and right) should be 1 inch.
. Left-justified text only
. Indentation: The first line of every paragraph should be indented 0.5 inches.
. Number your pages. Your first full page of text is page 1.
REQUIRED ELEMENTS IN YOUR ESSAY:
a. Title Page:
· Centered in middle of page
· Title of essay
· Your name
· Date Submitted
Body of Text: Six Required Sections:There are six required sections in the body of your text. You MUST label each section as such, or YOU WILL LOSE POINTS:
1. Introduction: Briefly describe the issue, including a sentence or two delineating the Pro and Con debate. You may use as many references as you wish in this section, or none at all.
1. Pro/For: MUST contain two references: one national, one international. This is a discussion supporting the issue.
1. Con/Against: MUST contain two resources: one national, one international. This is a discussion against the issue.
1. My Opinion: this is YOUR opinion, your take on the issue. You may use as many references as you wish in this section, or none at all.
1. Conclusion: 3-5 sentences that wraps things up. You may use as many references as you wish in this section, or none at all.
c. Reference Page:
1. A MINIMUM of four (4) current references (less than ten years old) properly formatted on your Reference Page
1. For each resource, submit a screen shot of the title page identifying the name of the article and the author AND a screenshot of any page that you used a direct quote.