Module 3/ Writing Nursing English
OverviewThe discussion board for this module provides two articles. You are asked to compare and contrast the articles. There are several compare/contrast resources listed in the Instructional Materials folder for Module 3
1. Read the two articles. The reference material follows. The complete articles are available in the Instructional Materials folder for Module 3. In the
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). (2018). Committee on Health Care for Underserved Women Opinion No. 729, Importance of social determinants of health and cultural awareness in the delivery of reproductive care. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 131(1), 43-48. https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000002459
to download the pdf
Skolnik, R. (2021). Health determinants, measurements, and the status of health globally.Global health 101, (4th ed., pp. 104-133).
to download the pdf
You can also .
2. Write two (2) paragraphs (250-300 words). One paragraph will compare the purpose and the audience in the two articles. The second paragraph will contrast the purpose and the audience of the two articles. Remember the distinction between comparison and contrast. See resources in the Module 3 Instructional Materials folder.
3. Cite at least two (2) articles in the initial post in addition to the ACOG and the Skolnik articles. Remember that references for Discussion Boards must also adhere to the APA Manual 7th edition formatting.
4. You will respond to the initial post of two (2) peers. Each response will be between 100-150 words. Each response will include at least one (1) article in addition to the ACOG and Skolnik article.
For the Initial post:
· You must post your initial posting before you can view your peers' posts.
· The lenght of this discussion is to be 250-300 words.
· Two (2) (2) references are required for the initial post. These two (2) references are in addition to the ACOG and the Skolnik articles.
· To post the discussion board click on the “Click to Launch” link OR on the on “Discussions” tab in the menu bar on the left-hand side of the Blackboard screen. Post the material in the forum titled “M3-A3 Compare/Contrast Two Articles”
For the response post:
· Each student will read the information posted by peers and will write a response to two (2) peers. You cannot post a peer response on the same day that you posted your initial post.
· Each response to a peer is to contain a minimum of 100-150 words. Be sure to respond thoughtfully. Consider explaining why you agree or disagree with the peer’s posting. Consider providing examples to support or reject the peer’s claim. Be professional in your responses.
· A minimum of one (1) reference is required for each discussion response to a peer.
· Post in the forum titled "M2-A3 Social Determinants of Health in the US"
· The initial post is due by 11:59 PM EST on the Friday of the relevant week of class. There is a 10% deduction for each day a post is late until 11:59 PM EST Sunday. for the post.
· The responses to peers must be posted by 11:59 PM EST Sunday. No posts will be accepted after this time.
· Any material posted after 11:59 PM EST on the relevant Sunday will be zero (0) points.
Refer to for evaluation guidelines
· Point value: 20
· Due Date: See Course Calendar/Checklist