Write a 4-5 page response where you select an ethical approach to address an ethical issue in the workplace.
In this assessment, you will direct your attention to personal ethical choices in the workplace. Motives are a key consideration in ethical decision-making. As you explore the various models and rationales used to make decisions on ethical dilemmas, think about the one that most suits you, your personality, and your own moral standards. In particular, refer to the four ethical approaches:
Then identify an ethical issue that has impacted you and apply one of the ethical approaches to remedy the issue. This is an important exercise because the most crucial thing you can learn from this course is how to identify, analyze, and successfully resolve ethical dilemmas.
Instructions: Think of an ethical issue you have been a part of, either personally or professionally, such as nepotism, a data breach, inappropriate social media posts, or harassment/discrimination. Next, pick one ethical approach (Utilitarian, Deontological, Virtue, or Communitarian) and explain how you will use this approach to remedy the issue. Do not forget to describe the ethical issue.
Follow the steps below to complete your assessment. For all of these steps, make sure you provide examples and information from credible sources that will support your writing:
· Step 1: Compare and contrast the four ethical approaches.
· Step 2: Analyze the reasoning process behind an ethical decision.
· Step 3: Analyze ethical decision-making principles and actions.
· Step 4: Analyze cultural and environmental influences on ethical decision-making.
· Step 5: Evaluate a personal decision based on ethical decision-making principles.
Your submission should meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Write in complete sentences free from errors that detract from the overall message. Communicate in an exemplary and professional manner through clear, concise, well-organized, and grammatically correct writing.
· Font: Arial, 12-point.
· Page length: 4-5 pages.
· Citations: Include complete citations of your sources. Review for more information on how to cite your sources. You can also use the and Smarthinking as resources to help you with the writing process.
Review the assessment scoring guide for details on how your assessment will be graded.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 1: Evaluate the parameters for ethical decision-making in 21st-century multi-cultural business environments.
. Compare and contrast the four ethical approaches.
. Analyze the reasoning process behind an ethical decision.
. Analyze ethical decision-making principles and actions.
. Analyze cultural and environmental influences on ethical decision-making.
· Competency 4: Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
. Write in a well-organized and concise manner that adheres to the rules of grammar, usage, and mechanics.