Taking a family history is an important step in determining current and future health needs and education. There are many tools available to complete a comprehensive health history. The Surgeon General's tool, "My Family Health Portrait," located in the topic Resources, is part of the larger Family Health History Initiative that encourages people to talk about and write down health issues that seem to run in the family, bringing a larger focus on this important issue. This assignment allows the learner to use the tool and become familiar with this initiative.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
- This assignment requires that at least three additional scholarly research sources related to this topic and at least two in-text citation for each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite for checking similarity score and plagiarism.
Perform the following to successfully complete the assignment:
- Use the Surgeon General's tool, "My Family Health Portrait," located in the topic Resources, to document your own family history.
- Designate a proband for the pedigree with a disease or condition of interest.
- A summary in (750-1,000 words) of your findings that includes the following:
a. Discuss of the heredity patterns discovered
b. Evaluate the risk of transmission to other/new family members
c. Propose the feasibility of using this tool in your own practice..
Li, D., Xia, H., Li, Z., Hua, L., & Li, L. (2015). Identification of novel breast cancer subtype-specific biomarkers by integrating genomics analysis of DNA copy number aberrations and miRNA-mRNA dual expression profiling. BioMed Research International, 2015, 1-17.
Calzone, K. A., Kirk, M., Tonkin, E., Badzek, L., Benjamin, C., & Middleton, A. (2018). The global landscape of nursing and genomics. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 50(3), 249-256.
Pellestor, F. (2019). Chromoanagenesis: Cataclysms behind complex chromosomal rearrangements. Molecular Cytogenetics, 12(6). https://doi.org/10.1186/s13039-019-0415-7
My Family Health Portrait-