Please watch the documentary and answer the following questions. Each question is worth two points each. You must answer in paragraph form and respond to two students (2.5pts each).
Please watch video on "Becoming Chinese American" from 1:00 - 2:00
- What was the law that excluded the Chinese Americans from immigrating? Explain how that law affected the Chinese.
- How did the immigration laws affect the Chinese women?
- How were Chinese women oppressed by Chinese men?
- What was the experience for the Chinese women in Chinatown?
- Where did the women of Chinatown seek refuge at?
- Who was Donaldina Cameron? How did she help the women of Chinatown?
- Who was Anna May Wong? What type of discrimination did she face in her profession?
- What did you learn about the experiences of the Chinese women from the documentary
Please put the number on the question before your answer. and make sure you watch the video